Public Defenders / Assigned Counsel
The National Association of Salaried Professionals Purchasing Group, Inc. insurance plan provides a cost-effective, comprehensive insurance program designed to cover the exposures of public defenders and assigned counsel.
Broad Organizational Coverage
Under the NASPPG policy, the Public Defender office will be the named insured. The policy will extend coverage to the individual attorneys, paralegals, law students and clerical staff who provide defender services on its behalf. Coverage is also available on an individual basis to assigned counsel or contract public defenders for the court-appointed work only.
This insurance program is offered through the National Association of Salaried Professionals Purchasing Group, Inc. (NASPPG), a risk purchasing group organized to enable legal services organizations to purchase coverage pursuant to the federal Liability Risk Retention Act of 1986, 15 U.S.C.A., 3901 et seq.
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Personal Injury Liability Coverage
- Punitive Damages Coverage
- Management Errors and Omissions Coverage
- Employment Practices Coverage
- Criminal Defense Coverage
- Contempt Defense Coverage
- Former Employee Coverage
- Optional Prior Acts
- Automatic Coverage for Staff Turnover During Policy Term
- Voice in Selection of Local Legal Counsel
This web page briefly describes the coverages available. Full details of all coverages are included in the actual policy.
This insurance will be quoted through the National Association of Salaried Professionals Purchasing Group where applicable.